REGULATIONS ON TRAINING, TEACHING AND EXAMINATION APPLICATIONS FOR DISABLED STUDENTS
Eastern Mediterranean University Teaching, Exam and Success Regulation (Regulation under Clause 32)
Short Name 1. This Regulation is called as "Regulations on Training, Teaching and Examination Applications for Disabled Students in Eastern Mediterranean University".
Aim 2. The aim of this regulation is to ensure the equality of opportunity in education and to contribute positively to the achievements of students with disabilities by eliminating the problems encountered in the course and exam applications due to the disability status of the disabled students registered in the University's associate, undergraduate and graduate programs.
Scope 3. This regulation covers the arrangements made to eliminate the problems faced by the university with the obstacles of the handicapped students enrolled in the associate degree, bachelor's and master's degree programs, and in the examinations.
PROCEDURES AND PRINCIPLES ABOUT THE COURSE APPLICATIONS
Course Applications 4. The procedures and principles regarding the support to be provided to the students with disabilities in order to eliminate the problems faced by disabled students before, during and after the course are as follows:
(1) In classes with hearing impaired students, the sitting arrangement is planned in such a way that students can easily see the lecturer/lecturer who makes a presentation.
(2) The faculty who give lectures/presentations in the classes with hearing impairments presents presentations face to face.
(3) Visually impaired students using computers to practice the computers used in lessons will be made a sound.
(4) Visually impaired students are allowed to record lessons with a voice recorder.
(5) Visual materials are used for visually impaired students.
(6) In order to follow the course, the related course materials are given to the visually impaired students in the format they can listen to in their computers.
(7) Classes of physically disabled students are provided on the most suitable floors.
(8) The lecturer who gives lectures/presentations in the classes where the students with disabilities are prepared, shall prepare slides, presentations, cinevisions, overhead projectors, etc. prepare the documents taking into account the disability groups.
Course Exemption 5. If students with disabilities apply for exemption from courses due to disability, the course is elective and an equivalent course is given; if there is no equivalent of the course or if the course is compulsory, the course is given considering the students with the help of developing techniques and programs.
PROCEDURES AND PRINCIPLES ON EXAM APPLICATIONS
Examination Applications 6. The procedures and principles regarding the support to be provided to the students with disabilities in order to eliminate the problems faced by the disabled students before, during and after the examination are as follows:
(1) Examination halls are organized considering the accessibility of students with disabilities.
(2) The examinations, reminders or corrections to be made by the examiners about the exams or questions shall be made by taking into account the disability conditions of the students with disabilities.
(3) In accordance with their demands, students with disabilities are allowed to enter the exams with ancillary equipment.
(4) In line with the demands of the students who are disabled, they will be accompanied by the written exams.
(5) In accordance with their demands, students with disabilities are required to write their exams on a computer.
(6) In accordance with the demand for visually impaired students, the question booklet or question paper is prepared by Braille or by voice.
(7) For disabled students with partial vision loss, the question book or question paper is prepared with large points.
(8) Vision, hearing, attention deficit, hyperactivity, dyslexia-dysgraphia etc. Students with disabilities will not be disturbed by others apart from regular exam rooms and they will take the exam in one-person halls where they will not disturb others.
(9) Students with visually impaired students who take the test with a reader, marker or a large-scale question book or booklet and students with disabilities who have difficulty in writing and moving are given an additional period of two-thirds of the examination period.
(10) Students with disabilities are allowed to take exams with medication, medical equipment or liquid (insulin pump etc.).
(11) Students with disabilities are allowed to meet the needs of the toilet during the examination.
VARIOUS AND FINAL PROVISIONS
Circumstances without a provision in the regulation 7. In cases where there are no provisions in this Regulation, the Board of Directors of the Senate and the University Board of Directors and the relevant units of the students with disabilities are applied.
Force 8. This Regulation shall enter into force on the date of its acceptance by the University Senate.
Executive 9. The provisions of this Regulation shall be executed by the Rector of the Eastern Mediterranean.
* This regulation has been prepared by using "BÜLENT ECEVİT UNIVERSITY DIRECTIVE FOR DISABLED STUDENTS EDUCATION AND EXAMINATION APPLICATIONS" *.