Faculty of Tourism
Senior Instructor, Koral Karamanoğlu
Office: TH 409
Office Telephone: (+90) 392 630 14 53
Faculty of Tourism
Internship Coordinator Assistant
Research Assistant, Mert Ercan Bulut
Office: TH 409
Office Telephone: (+90) 392 630 14 22
- The internship period for students in 2 year programs is 60 working days, which must be completed at the end of 1st academic year (summer) and 120 working days for 4 year program students, which must be completed at the end of the 1st and 3rd academic years (summer).
- Students cannot graduate without completing their compulsory internship(s).
- Internships can only take place in summer periods. Students taking courses in summer school, cannot do internships at the same time.
- Internships can be completed in 4 or 5 stars Hotels, in 1st Class Holiday Resorts (villages), High Quality Restaurants & Patisseries, in A-Group Travel Agencies, Airline Industry, Ministry of Tourism and Emu Beach Club.
- Students cannot change or cancel their internship places once it has been confirmed.
- Intern students can choose the place they want to complete their internships or may choose places that may be suggested by the Internship Coordination Office.
- You may find and apply for internship opportunities globally and in TRNC by signing up to Hosco’s website. (emutourism.hosco.com)
Internship Program Procedures
Students who continue their Associate and Undergraduate programs must complete the Compulsory Internship courses in their curriculum; The procedures and steps to be followed before commencing the internship, during the internship and at the end of the internship program are as follows;
- In order to assess the suitability of the hosting company / enterprise for the internship program, the Intern student should fill in the Pre-Approval Form, stating the intended place of Internship details and send it together with a passport and / or ID copy to the e-mail address of the faculty internship coordinator. The internship coordinator will forward all feedback on the suitability of the proposed company / enterprise for the internship to the intern student via the relevant e-mail.
- The intern student, whose Internship Pre-Approval Form has been accepted, must then fill in the Internship Agreement with the representative of the hosting internship company and send it to the faculty internship coordinator e-mail address.
- The intern student must deposit an amount of 5 TL for each working day of the internship program to the relevant bank account within the scope of the internship insurance fee and send the payment receipt to the e-mail address of the faculty internship coordinator. (60 working day internship= 300 TL)
- Once commencing the internship program, the intern student must regularly fill in the Internship Log Book in the workplace and submit it to the approval of the authorized person in the company / enterprise.
- After completing the internship program, the Internship and Career Development Questionnaire must be filled in by the intern student and the authorized person in the enterprise and submitted to the Tourism Faculty Internship Coordinator in a sealed envelope together with the Internship Log Book.
Internship Pre-Approval Form
Internship Log Book
Internship and Career Development Programme Questionnaire (Intern Student)
Internship and Career Development Programme Questionnaire (Supervisor)
After receiving the approval of the Tourism Faculty Internship Coordinator, the student must send a copy of the following documents to Registrar’s Office by e-mail at the latest 2 weeks before the start date of the internship practice.
Faculty of Tourism, Internship Coordination Info:
- Internship Pre-Approval Form
- Internship Agreement
- Passport Copy
- Bank Receipt (Internship Insurance Fee)
Koral Karamanoğlu (Internship Coordinator): (+90) 533 835 81 57
Mert Ercan Bulut (Internship Coordinator Assistant): (+90) 533 863 91 64
Internship Coordination Office Telephone: (+90) 392 630 14 53 / 22
Registrar’s Office, Internship Representative Info:
Deniz Alkaner: (+90) 0392 630 16 36; E-mail: email@example.com
Bank Account Details:
K. T. KOOP. MERKEZ BANKASI G/MSA ŞB. Banka Hesabı Numarası(Bank Account No): 100640