Senior Instructor, Koral Karamanoğlu
Office: TH 409
Office Telephone: (+90) 392 630 14 53
- The internship period for students in 2-year programs is 75 working days (A total of 90 days including off days), which must be completed at the end of 1st academic year (summer) and 150 working days for 4-year program students, 75 +75 working days (90 days + 90 days including off days) which must be completed at the end of the 1st and 3rd academic years (summer).
- Students cannot graduate without completing their compulsory internship(s).
- Internships can only take place in summer periods not during the semester.
- Students taking courses in summer school, cannot do internships at the
- Internships can be completed in 4 or 5 stars Hotels, in 1st Class
Holiday Resorts (villages), High Quality Restaurants & Patisseries, in
A-Group Travel Agencies, Airline Industry, Ministry of Tourism and Emu Beach
- Students cannot change or cancel their place of internship once it has been confirmed.
- Intern students can choose their own hosting company for the internship or may choose from companies suggested by the Internship Coordination Office.
- Students may also apply for internship opportunities globally and in TRNC by signing up to Hosco's website. (emutourism.hosco.com) SIGN UP NOW !
Internship Program Procedures To Be Followed
Students who continue their Associate and Undergraduate programs must complete the Compulsory Internship courses in their curriculum; The procedures and steps to be followed before commencing the internship, during the internship and at the end of the internship program are as follows; ALL FORMS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR FACULTY WEB SITE.
- In order to assess the suitability of the hosting company / enterprise
for the internship program, the intern student should fill in the Pre-Approval Form, stating the intended
place of internship details and submit directly by-hand to the faculty internship
coordination office. The internship coordinator will forward all feedback on
the suitability of the proposed company / enterprise for the internship to the
- The intern student, whose Internship Pre-Approval Form has been
accepted, must then fill in the
Internship Agreement with the representative of the hosting internship
company and submit by-hand to the faculty internship coordination office for
approval. The form must have a recent passport
photo attached. The internship must be signed and stamped by the hosting
company. You also need a valid passport
- The intern student must deposit an amount of 8 TL for each working day
of the internship program to the relevant bank account (Given below) within the
scope of the internship insurance fee
and give the payment receipt to the faculty internship coordinator together
with the internship agreement. (75 working day internship insurance fee = 600
- Once commencing the internship program, the intern student must
regularly fill in the Internship Log
Book and submit it to the approval of the authorized person in the company
/ enterprise. The log book must be stamped and signed by the HR Manager, GM or
DIRECTOR, otherwise will not be accepted.
- On completion of the internship program, the Internship and Career Development Questionnaire must be filled in
by (1) the Intern Student and the (2)
Authorized Person in the enterprise
and submitted to the Tourism Faculty Internship Coordinator in a sealed
envelope together with the Internship Log Book. Again it must be stamped and
signed by the HR Manager, GM or DIRECTOR, otherwise will not be accepted.
Internship Pre-Approval Form
Internship Log Book
Internship and Career Development Programme Questionnaire (Intern Student)
Internship and Career Development Programme Questionnaire (Supervisor)
WEEKLY WORK EXPERIENCE LOG BOOK
After receiving the approval of the Tourism Faculty Internship Coordinator, the student must send a copy of the following documents to Registrar’s Office by e-mail at the latest 2 weeks before the start date of the internship practice.
Faculty of Tourism, Internship Coordination Info:
- Internship Pre-Approval Form
- Internship Agreement
- Passport Copy
- Bank Receipt (Internship Insurance Fee)
Internship Coordination E-mail Address: email@example.com
Koral Karamanoğlu (Internship Coordinator): (+90) 533 835 81 57
Tuğçe Nur Uçar (Internship Coordinator Assistant): (+90) 392 630 14 22
Internship Coordination Office Telephone: (+90) 392 630 14 53
Registrar’s Office, Internship Representative Info:
Deniz Alkaner: (+90) 0392 630 16 36; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank Account Details:
BANK: TURKIYE IS BANKASI, ISTANBUL HEAD OFFICE
SWIFT CODE: ISBKTRIS XXX
IBAN: TR 590006400000268200063932
For the Account of: EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY
Account No: 6820-63932